Keep an Eye on Your Health
As a primary care clinic, we know that preventative care is key to maintaining good health and catching issues early. Regardless of your age or stage in life, annual physical exams are essential to your overall wellness and ongoing health. At the same time, these visits can also help track progress for your health goals, weight loss, mobility, and more.
The importance and need for the physical exam vary by age, as they might serve different purposes. For many, the physical examination might be a yearly requirement for sports, employment, or other professional endeavors. If you’re over 50, the yearly physical can take on a different meaning, as you are more closely monitoring potential health problems or limitations.
Physicals are also good for:
- Establishing a relationship with your physician. Having a primary care physician see you over a long period of time establishes an ongoing relationship with your doctor.
- Consistency and continuity of medical records. Most people don’t keep a detailed account of all their doctor’s visits. Yet, having a primary care clinic that maintains a consistent record can ensure you get adequate reminders of specific screenings and testings when they are due.
- Intimate health care. If you have long term goals regarding your health or conditions, the annual visit can be a great way to take stock of how well you are progressing towards this goal.
The Purpose of the Yearly Physical
A Yearly Tracker of Your Health
- Youth sports
- Employment requirements
- Yearly check-ups
- General health screenings
What Does the Yearly Physical Consist Of?
A routine physical exam usually consists of a couple of things. It may also vary depending on your medical history.
- Survey of updated health problems/issues.
- Vital signs. This might include blood pressure and heart rate.
- External Checks. Our physicians will check different areas of the body that might indicate there are any underlying issues. This means checking your:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Nervous system functions
- Physical signs. Our doctor will take a look for physical abnormalities or indications throughout your body as well. This includes:
- Listening to your lungs
- Touching your abdomen
- Motor functions
- Checking skin, hair, and nails
Our doctors may also conduct other tests and exams depending on your medical history if you’ve had issues with something in the past, changes in lifestyle, environment, or other areas you might want to focus on. This is also a great time to ask your doctor questions about your health and inquire about any doubts you may have regarding any changes.
Choose Healthonomic Primary Care for Your Yearly Visit
Whether you need sports physical or are looking to find a consistent primary doctor, our experienced physicians are ready to help you stay healthy and learn about your health. We place a great emphasis on patient education and encourage you to ask questions about your health and potential problems. So why choose us?
We take our responsibility to you very seriously. And when you walk through our doors, you’ll find a team of physicians and staff driven by the impulse to help others.
Nothing compares to having a group of highly qualified physicians looking over your health and getting to know you. Building a long term relationship with one of our doctors means having someone looking out for your health and getting to know you as a person and patient. Give us a call to schedule your next physical!